We carry the saving cross through the roads of the world.
Through the alleys of poverty and misery.
Marching to a dawning day to freedom and victory,
To God’s life and endless glory.
PRAYER BEFORE EACH STATION:
We adore You, O Christ, and bless You.
Because by Your holy cross You have redeemed the world.
Simon blessed them and said to Mary his mother: “Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed”. And his mother kept all these things in her heart. (Luke. 2:34-35,51)
(IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE SUFFERING CHURCH OF AFRICA)
In his ascent towards Golgotha on the road to Calvary Jesus met his mother. Her pain is unimaginable watching her son dying helplessly on the cross and who could imagine Jesus, seeing his beloved mother forlorn that he was unable to console her. This is the daily situation people face in the Democratic Republic of Congo. In the east of the country in Rutshuru, Masisi, Beni and in many other parts there are thousands of inconsolable mothers who witness their children being brutally slaughtered, slain and dismembered.
Conversely, no one could imagine the pain and suffering of children forced to witness the rape of their own mothers, witnessing their mothers being disemboweled and their fathers throats slit and dismembered after which it is their turn to endure the same brutal fate. The suffering is unbearable. Everyday is Calvary. There are countless numbers of heartbroken mothers in the Democratic Republic of Congo. There are countless numbers of children who have been ripped apart from the love and affection of their parents. Who could possibly console them?
Lord, along the way of the cross, a sword of sorrow pierced your beloved mother’s heart upon seeing how disfigured you were. Thousands of mothers in the Democratic Republic of Congo, suffer the grief of witnessing their children who are murdered or forced into armed militias. Lord, touch the hearts of those who kill, who inflict violence and who destroy innocent people’s will to live. Help bring about their conversion. Help us connect with suffering mothers and unite us all together with the suffering of our Lord Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit now and forever. Amen
Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be…
P. Jérôme PALUKU
- First Station: JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
- Second Station: JESUS CARRIES HIS CROSS
- Third Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Fourth Station: JESUS MEETS HIS AFFLICTED MOTHER
- Fifth Station: SIMON OF CYRENE HELPS JESUS TO CARRY THE CROSS
- Sixth Station: VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS
- Seventh Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE SECOND TIME
- Eight Station: JESUS SPEAKS TO THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM
- Ninth Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE THIRD TIME
- Tenth Station: JESUS CLOTHES ARE TAKEN AWAY
- Eleventh Station: JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
- Twelfth Station: JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
- Thirteenth Station: THE BODY OF JESUS IS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS
- Fourteenth Station: JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB