We carry the saving cross through the roads of the world.
Through the alleys of poverty and misery.
Marching to a dawning day to freedom and victory,
To God’s life and endless glory.
PRAYER BEFORE EACH STATION:
We adore You, O Christ, and bless You.
Because by Your holy cross You have redeemed the world.
It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth. Let him sit alone in silence when he has laid it on him; let him put his mouth in the dust – there may yet be hope; let him give his cheek to the smiter, and be filled with insults. For the Lord will not cast off for ever, but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion, according to the abundance of his steadfast love. Lamentations. 3:27-32
(IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE SUFFERING CHURCH OF AFRICA)
The Christian community in the two Sudans is largely made up of refugees and displaced people, as violence is widespread from the armed conflicts in South Sudan, in the Nuba Mountains and in Blue Nile State. Many have settled on the edges of the major cities, such as Khartoum, Omdurman and Port Sudan. This uprooting from their homes has destroyed family structures and left deep wounds in the lives of these people, who find themselves forced to live in a land which they do not see as their own.
Father of Mercy, guide and strengthen the hearts of those who have been displaced by violence and who risk falling into despair under the weight of their poverty and marginalisation. Raise them up and help them to discover that you are walking with them and supporting them, in the constancy of your love for Christ, Our Lord.
Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be…
Padre Jorge Naranjo
- First Station: JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
- Second Station: JESUS CARRIES HIS CROSS
- Third Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Fourth Station: JESUS MEETS HIS AFFLICTED MOTHER
- Fifth Station: SIMON OF CYRENE HELPS JESUS TO CARRY THE CROSS
- Sixth Station: VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS
- Seventh Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE SECOND TIME
- Eight Station: JESUS SPEAKS TO THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM
- Ninth Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE THIRD TIME
- Tenth Station: JESUS CLOTHES ARE TAKEN AWAY
- Eleventh Station: JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
- Twelfth Station: JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
- Thirteenth Station: THE BODY OF JESUS IS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS
- Fourteenth Station: JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB