Peace and all good!
COVID19 continues to spread like bush fire all over the world. To contain its deadly effects in our country, the Philippine government has issued a directive enforcing an Enhanced Community Quarantine for the entire island of Luzon. In compliance with this decree, the Philippine National Section of Aid to the Church in Need is constrained to implement the following:
1. All crowd-gathering activities, i.e. parish appeals, outdoor celebrations, recollections and the like are temporarily suspended till further notice. We shall intensify, however, our online presence in order to continue promoting and developing our three pillars of prayer, information and action.
2. As the whole nation is in a state of calamity and because of the Enhanced Community Quarantine, effective March 16, 2020 to April 14, 2020, all work from the private and public sector (except front line health and emergency services) will be suspended and that a work from home arrangement shall be implemented.
The Enhanced Community Quarantine greatly emphasizes “social distancing” to avoid the spread of corona virus. And for the residents of areas covered by the decree to stay at home and avoid going out unless urgently necessary. Let us turn these prohibitions into positive opportunities for closeness …
· with the Lord through prayer and reflection, self-examen of how we have offended our all-loving God … repenting with all our mind, heart and soul and turning back to Him who is slow to anger, abounding in mercy and relenting in punishment;
· with our families and loved ones … to have the precious time to re-connect with them, unplugging ourselves from our digital gadgets to rediscover the beauty of family togetherness, the precious gift that each of our loved ones is;
· with myself … how true have I been living the reality that I am the image and likeness of God … what does my faith say to me in these trying times … do I give hope to others or have I become one of the prophets of gloom and doom … how do I love in these times of COVID19;
All of us in the ACN PHILIPPINES Office – Archbishop Socrates B. Villegas, Amb. Henrietta T. de Villa, Mrs. Delza V. Lazatin, Fr. Reynaldo Romero including Imee Camille Advincula of our secretariat – invite you to hope in the Lord, hope in the Lord always, and we will never be confounded. As we continue to storm the heavens with our prayers for an end to this pandemic, we remain united with all who are affected by this crisis and pray for strength for the frontliners.
Sincerely yours in Our Crucified & Risen Lord,
Jonathan B. Luciano