We carry the saving cross through the roads of the world.
Through the alleys of poverty and misery.
Marching to a dawning day to freedom and victory,
To God’s life and endless glory.
PRAYER BEFORE EACH STATION:
We adore You, O Christ, and bless You.
Because by Your holy cross You have redeemed the world.
I am the man who has seen affliction under the rod of his wrath; he has driven and brought me into darkness without any light. He has blocked my way with hewn stones, he has made my paths crooked. He has made my teeth grind on gravel, and made me cower in ashes. (Lamentations. 3:1-2,9,16)
(IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE SUFFERING CHURCH OF AFRICA)
Jesus has fallen for the second time. Jesus does not let himself become overwhelmed with exhaustion, he courageously gets up again and wants to continue right to the end out of love for us. With him and following him, let us carry the cross of the people in Mali — the cross of hunger, religious illiteracy and the loss of values linked to poor education of children.
Lord Jesus, with your cross you carried our sufferings out of love for us. Teach us your way so that our selfishness will not stop us from seeing the needs of our neighbor, but through love and patience, we can console those who are suffering. AMEN.
Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be…
Sister Esther Thera
- First Station: JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
- Second Station: JESUS CARRIES HIS CROSS
- Third Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Fourth Station: JESUS MEETS HIS AFFLICTED MOTHER
- Fifth Station: SIMON OF CYRENE HELPS JESUS TO CARRY THE CROSS
- Sixth Station: VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS
- Seventh Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE SECOND TIME
- Eight Station: JESUS SPEAKS TO THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM
- Ninth Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE THIRD TIME
- Tenth Station: JESUS CLOTHES ARE TAKEN AWAY
- Eleventh Station: JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
- Twelfth Station: JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
- Thirteenth Station: THE BODY OF JESUS IS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS
- Fourteenth Station: JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB