We carry the saving cross through the roads of the world.
Through the alleys of poverty and misery.
Marching to a dawning day to freedom and victory,
To God’s life and endless glory.
PRAYER BEFORE EACH STATION:
We adore You, O Christ, and bless You.
Because by Your holy cross You have redeemed the world.
And when they came to a place called Golgotha (which means the place of a skull), they offered him wine to drink, mingled with gall, but when he tasted it, he would not drink it. And when they had crucified him, they divided his garments among them by casting lots; then they sat down and kept watch over him there. (Matthew. 27:33-36)
(IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE SUFFERING CHURCH OF AFRICA)
Jesus is stripped and denied of the clothes he is wearing. He is laid bare by those who wanted to take all his dignity even as a person.
Consider the thousands of irregular immigrants trying to cross from Libya to Europe with the hope of finding a better future for them and their children. Taking the risk of not only losing their few possessions but even their life boarding unworthy boats. Consider those who are in detention centers and those who after making the dangerous crossing of the Mediterranean sea, find themselves depending completely on the help and generosity of others, many times even just hoping to find it.
Can you imagine yourself and your family in their situation? How would you feel being stripped of your own self?
Lord Jesus, we present to you all those who are suffering.We pray especially for those women and children who have and are still suffering and risking their lives to find a better future. We pray for those who are being kept in detention camps for unjust reasons waiting to be liberated. All those persons that have been stripped not of their clothes but of their dignity because of the actions or inactions of others.
Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be…
+ Mgr. George Bugeja ofm
Photo Credit: © Ricardo Garcia Vilanova
- First Station: JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
- Second Station: JESUS CARRIES HIS CROSS
- Third Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Fourth Station: JESUS MEETS HIS AFFLICTED MOTHER
- Fifth Station: SIMON OF CYRENE HELPS JESUS TO CARRY THE CROSS
- Sixth Station: VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS
- Seventh Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE SECOND TIME
- Eight Station: JESUS SPEAKS TO THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM
- Ninth Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE THIRD TIME
- Tenth Station: JESUS’ CLOTHES ARE TAKEN AWAY
- Eleventh Station: JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
- Twelfth Station: JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
- Thirteenth Station: THE BODY OF JESUS IS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS
- Fourteenth Station: JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB