We carry the saving cross through the roads of the world.
Through the alleys of poverty and misery.
Marching to a dawning day to freedom and victory,
To God’s life and endless glory.
PRAYER BEFORE EACH STATION:
We adore You, O Christ, and bless You.
Because by Your holy cross You have redeemed the world.
When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe, and said, “Truly this was the Son of God!” There were also many women there, looking on from afar, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him. .” (Matthew 27:54-55)
(IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE SUFFERING CHURCH OF AFRICA)
The small Christian community has suffered a lot during these last 28 years: the murder of its bishop, the martyrdom of a number of its committed sons and daughters and the destruction of its institutions and churches. It has been crucified with Jesus on the cross of religious intolerance and of civil war.
This community is a symbol of what has happened to the Somali people during these same years: civil war, fighting, internal displacement, forced migration to neighboring countries, drought and famine; hundreds of thousands have died. A whole people have been put on the cross.
People and organizations of good will are trying to remove this cross from the poor, the sick, the neglected, the few Christians: there are signs of hope. Caring hands are still needed from Somalia and indeed from the whole world. We must keep burning the flame of hope and resurrection despite the darkness surrounding us.
O Lord, your love is stronger than death: on the third day you rose from the tomb where men have put you. You have saved us through your death and resurrection. Help us to believe, hope and love beyond our human limitations and weaknesses. By your grace, Lord Jesus, may the sufferings of people in Somalia, joined with Your sacrifice, obtain new life by providing a spirit of reconciliation, forgiveness, respect for everybody, sharing and peace for this country. We ask this, o Lord Jesus, Savior of all, who lives with the Father and the Holy Spirit, forever and ever. Amen.
Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be…
+ Msgr. Giorgio Bertin
- First Station: JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
- Second Station: JESUS CARRIES HIS CROSS
- Third Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Fourth Station: JESUS MEETS HIS AFFLICTED MOTHER
- Fifth Station: SIMON OF CYRENE HELPS JESUS TO CARRY THE CROSS
- Sixth Station: VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS
- Seventh Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE SECOND TIME
- Eight Station: JESUS SPEAKS TO THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM
- Ninth Station: JESUS FALLS FOR THE THIRD TIME
- Tenth Station: JESUS’ CLOTHES ARE TAKEN AWAY
- Eleventh Station: JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
- Twelfth Station: JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
- Thirteenth Station: THE BODY OF JESUS IS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS
- Fourteenth Station: JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB